This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9393 / 50°56'21"N
Longitude: -0.6586 / 0°39'30"W
OS Eastings: 494348
OS Northings: 116393
OS Grid: SU943163
Mapcode National: GBR FH3.2B2
Mapcode Global: FRA 96HM.K84
Entry Name: The Former Stables of Lavington Park, Now Part of Seaford Collage to the West of the House
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1232511
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301702
Location: East Lavington, Chichester, West Sussex, GU28
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: East Lavington
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Graffham St Giles with Woolavington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 91 NW EAST LAVINGTON BEECHWOOD LANE
18/2B The former stables of
18.6.59 Lavington Park, now part
of Seaford College to the
west of the house
A complete courtyard. C18, altered by Detmar Blow for Lord Woolavington in 1903.
Faced with flints with red brick dressings and quoins. Tiled roof. The north
and south sides have taller elaborate stone archways, probably added in 1903, with
rusticated columns and a curved pediment decorated with swags and a cartouche.
Three windows on each side of the archway each forming a joint window for ground
and first floors. Bell-turret in centre of roof of north wing with clock-face.
Listing NGR: SU9434816393
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings