This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9998 / 50°59'59"N
Longitude: 0.3962 / 0°23'46"E
OS Eastings: 568230
OS Northings: 124997
OS Grid: TQ682249
Mapcode National: GBR NT0.BYX
Mapcode Global: FRA C6QG.N69
Entry Name: Glebe House
Listing Date: 3 August 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1232557
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292482
Location: Burwash, Rother, East Sussex, TN19
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Burwash
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Burwash St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 62 NE BURWASH ETCHINGHAM ROAD
4/31 Glebe House
Formerly The Rectory. Large L-shaped building. The west wing, which is of one
storey and consists of outbuildings is Cl7. The main portion was erected in 1721
by the Rev George Jordan who was Chancellor of the Diocese of Chichester. Three
storeys. Five windows. The south front is faced with Roman cement, but the east
and west sides are red brick and grey headers. Stringcourse above first floor.
Slate roof. Windows in painted architrave surrounds with glazing bars intact.
Shallow porch with projecting cornice and narrow lights on each side flanked by
pilasters. Doorway with rectangular fanlight and door of six fielded and moulded
panels. The east front has a bulgy curved bay of three windows on all floors faced
with grey headers. Brick stringcourse and stuccoed cornice. The west front has
a curved bay of five windows on ground and first floor in red brick and grey headers
with parapet over. This was added in 1919 and has this date over the doorway.
Listing NGR: TQ6823024997
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings