This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4409 / 55°26'27"N
Longitude: -1.9277 / 1°55'39"W
OS Eastings: 404670
OS Northings: 616337
OS Grid: NU046163
Mapcode National: GBR G5ZJ.GD
Mapcode Global: WHB04.CH8S
Entry Name: Presbyterian Chapel
Listing Date: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1232966
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237534
Location: Ingram, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Ingram
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Ingram St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU Ol NW INGRAM BRANTON
12/70 Presbyterian Chapel
Former chapel, now house and shop. 1781, now illegible date on sundial. Dressed
stone. Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys. 6 bays with projection to rear forming a T.
Later C19 school building added on right rear. Tall, round-headed windows with
raised surrounds and keystones. Victorian wooden Y-tracery. End bays have doorways
with smaller windows over. 6-panelled doors. Steeply pitched gabled roof with
pronounced kneelers and flat coping. Mounting block on right return.
Original roof timbers with tie beams, king posts and struts. C19 3-sided gallery
on wooden Tuscan columns.
Listing NGR: NU0467016337
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings