This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0145 / 51°0'52"N
Longitude: -3.103 / 3°6'10"W
OS Eastings: 322723
OS Northings: 124477
OS Grid: ST227244
Mapcode National: GBR M1.J7PX
Mapcode Global: FRA 46DF.DZN
Entry Name: Six Lamp Standards to South of the Market House, Between the Market House and the Tudor Tavern
Listing Date: 4 July 1975
Last Amended: 4 March 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1233500
English Heritage Legacy ID: 269840
Location: Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA1
District: Taunton Deane
Town: Taunton Deane
Electoral Ward/Division: Taunton Manor and Wilton
Built-Up Area: Taunton
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 2224 NE FORE STREET
744/9/316 Six lamp standards to south of The
Market House, between The Market
House and The Tudor Tavern
(Formerly listed as:
(in centre of Fore Street)
Six lamp standards flanking The
Parade to the north of The Market
Six cast-iron lamp standards made by Hardy and Padmore Ltd, Worcester,
Circa 1932. Each standard has a circular shaft with some reeding above an octagonal base. Above are paired volutes which support 2 pendant globe lights. Flame motif on top. Relocated to present location in 1996.
No 1A Billet Street, No 66, the County Hotel, the Brendon Bar and No "8" East Street, form an important group with the listed buildings in Cheapside and Fore Street.
Listing NGR: ST2272324489
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings