This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9118 / 50°54'42"N
Longitude: -0.753 / 0°45'10"W
OS Eastings: 487766
OS Northings: 113224
OS Grid: SU877132
Mapcode National: GBR DFV.NH7
Mapcode Global: FRA 969P.QGH
Entry Name: Gerrards Garden and Riverside
Listing Date: 28 January 1986
Last Amended: 29 October 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1233517
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301193
Location: Singleton, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Singleton
Built-Up Area: Singleton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: East Dean, Singleton and West Dean
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
1080/26/171 CHARLTON ROAD
GERRARDS GARDEN AND RIVERSIDE
(Formerly listed as:
Three cottages at one time, later in one ownership but currently divided into two. Early C18. Built of flints with red brick dressings and quoins. Tiled roof with two brick chimneystacks and catslide roof to rear. Two storeys: five windows to first floor, seven to ground floor. Casement windows. Doorcase with brick surround and C20 glazed door to Gerrards Garden and further doorcase blocked in with flints. Riverside has a later C20 one storey addition to side with doorcase.
HISTORY: The Goodwood Estate records refer to " a parcel of land known as Gerrards garden" in 1749 and it is shown on the 1790 Goodwood estate map. In 1873 it was sold as three cottages.
Listing NGR: SU8776613218
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings