This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0568 / 51°3'24"N
Longitude: -0.787 / 0°47'13"W
OS Eastings: 485107
OS Northings: 129310
OS Grid: SU851293
Mapcode National: GBR DD1.RTQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 967B.96W
Entry Name: Hollycombe
Listing Date: 26 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1233746
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301914
Location: Linch, Chichester, West Sussex, GU30
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Linch
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Linch St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 82 NE LINCH LIPHOOK ROAD
Large mansion. A house on this site was designed by John Nash and built in 1801.
This has been incorporated in a later building of which the exterior dates from
1892. Tudoresque in style with a castellated tower. Coursed stone with ashlar
quoins. Casement windows with stone mullions and transoms. Two storeys. The
entrance front has six windows. Central projection with pediment-like gable over
and three finials. Loggia of three round-headed arches on ground floor with Tuscan
columns. Three windows over. Mounting-block to the west of the loggia. Parapet
to flanking portions. To the east castellated square tower of three storeys with
octagonal staircase projection in north east corner. The garden front has eight
windows. Parapet. Two projections, the west one five-sided, the east gabled with
a bay of two storeys. Central veranda of three bays with Tuscan columns. Balustrade
over. On west front C20 long ground floor conservatory of two tiers of nineteen
lights with balustrade over.
Listing NGR: SU8510729310
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings