This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8944 / 50°53'39"N
Longitude: -0.5504 / 0°33'1"W
OS Eastings: 502044
OS Northings: 111546
OS Grid: TQ020115
Mapcode National: GBR FHM.ZLG
Mapcode Global: FRA 96QQ.Z8Y
Entry Name: St Nicholas Cottages
Listing Date: 20 September 1984
Last Amended: 21 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1234066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297936
Location: Houghton, Arun, West Sussex, BN18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Houghton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Bury St John the Evangelist with Houghton St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 14/01/2013
TQ 01 SW
Nos 1 and 2 St Nicholas Cottages
(Formerly listed as Nos 1 and 2 The Vicarage)
One building. Built by the Duke of Norfolk as the Vicarage in 1849. Two parallel
ranges. Two storeys. Two windows. Red brick and grey headers. Steeply-pitched
slate roof. Gable ends north and south. Casement windows with latticed panes.
Gabled porch on the west front. Above this is another small gable over the first
floor window containing a plaque with the date 1849, a letter N and a coronet.
Listing NGR: TQ0204411546
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings