This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8751 / 51°52'30"N
Longitude: -0.9141 / 0°54'50"W
OS Eastings: 474849
OS Northings: 220172
OS Grid: SP748201
Mapcode National: GBR C0P.HNX
Mapcode Global: VHDTX.34LC
Entry Name: The Banner Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1234159
English Heritage Legacy ID: 409964
Location: Quainton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Quainton
Built-Up Area: Quainton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Quainton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 7420 QUAINTON CHURCH STREET
8/49 No.28 (The Banner Farmhouse)
House. C17, altered. Timber frame with diagonal braces and brick infill,
part herringbone, whitewashed and part rendered to east. Far gable and
ground floor of near bay rebuilt in brick. Rubble stone plinth. Tiled
roof half-hipped to front, rebuilt brick chimney between far bays.
2 storeys and attic, 3 bays. Irregular leaded casements. E. side has 2
C17 canted oriel windows on shaped wooden brackets, both with ovolo moulded
wooden mullions, that to centre of first floor with blocked side lights,
that to ground floor right with small tiled gable above. C17 4-light
window between right bays, over lobby entry, has similar mullions.
Similar 3-light window to rear. C20 door in C20 brick and tile porch.
Board door to first floor at right of centre bay. Gable to street has
old diamond leaded casements and single storey rubble stone extension.
Interior: chamfered spine beams, that to centre bay stopped. Large rubble
Listing NGR: SP7485120164
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings