History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Alban's Church Hall, 130 Metres to North West of St Alban's Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Coopersale, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7023 / 51°42'8"N

Longitude: 0.1346 / 0°8'4"E

OS Eastings: 547605

OS Northings: 202556

OS Grid: TL476025

Mapcode National: GBR LFH.BTD

Mapcode Global: VHHMM.9G0V

Entry Name: St Alban's Church Hall, 130 Metres to North West of St Alban's Church

Listing Date: 10 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1236045

English Heritage Legacy ID: 117602

Location: Epping, Epping Forest, Essex, CM16

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest

Civil Parish: Epping

Built-Up Area: Coopersale

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Coopersale St Alban

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Epping

Listing Text

1. SCHEDULE

1085 COOPERSALE COMMON

TL 40 SE

SP/434 St Alban's Church Hall,
130m to NW of St Alban's Church
II GV

2.

Sunday School 1882. Built for Miss Houblon of Coopersale Hall (also patron of St
Alban's church). Polychrome brick with plain tile roof. T-plan with C20 outshots on
south end and in north-west angle at entrance. High Victorian "Reformed" or "modern"
Gothic style. Elevations in yellow stock brick with red and blue brick string
courses and dressings. Projecting gable has arched recessed panel with bi-partite
double hung sash windows with glazing bars under two centre arches in rubbed brick.
Above, head of large arch is infilled with nailhead brick and quatre-foil opening.
Decorative brick drip moulding to arch. Dogtooth brick course under projecting
gable verge. Gable roof with quarter hip and cross wing both with decorative ridge
tiles and crocket finials. The parish hall forms a group with St Alban's Church
to south-west.


Listing NGR: TL4760502556

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.