History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Boarhunt

A Grade II Listed Building in Bramshott and Liphook, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0693 / 51°4'9"N

Longitude: -0.8042 / 0°48'15"W

OS Eastings: 483879

OS Northings: 130681

OS Grid: SU838306

Mapcode National: GBR DCV.TRV

Mapcode Global: FRA 9669.8HS

Entry Name: Little Boarhunt

Listing Date: 23 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1236887

English Heritage Legacy ID: 143114

Location: Bramshott and Liphook, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU30

County: Hampshire

District: East Hampshire

Civil Parish: Bramshott and Liphook

Built-Up Area: Liphook

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Bramshott and Liphook St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in
Liphook

Listing Text

BRAMSHOTT & LIPHOOK PORTSMOUTH ROAD
SU 83 SW
Liphook
6/34
No 73
23/01/86 (Little Boarhunt)
GV II
A small farmhouse of earlier origin, rebuilt and extended by Inigo Triggs for
himself in 1910, and a representative of the romantic house of the Arts and Crafts
movement. Walls of coursed sandstone, some cambered openings and some timber
lintels, some tile-hanging of the upper floor and within gables, plinth. Tile
roof, with hips and half-hips, gables and gablets. L-shaped building attached to
the smaller earlier unit, with emphasis on length, and as symmetrical arrangement
of details. The west front is of two storeys and one storey and attic, separated
by a projecting gabled unit, which has an outshot to the north side containing an
arched porch, and upper walls tile-hung with three levels of jetties; the north
side has three above two windows, the south side three lower windows, an eyebrow
dormer within the roof and upper window within a small gable, which extends to an
outshot (a large porch on the garden side), also with a gable. The inner eleva-
tions have plainer two-storeyed treatment, of 2.1.1 and 3 windows, with a gabled
projection on the longer east facade: the eastern area (of the L-shape) ends as a
single-storeyed service wing. casements. There are entrances of some variety; the
main front panelled door within an archway, at the rear a doorway with a tiled hood
on brackets, and archway to the service wing, a glazed door to the garden porch,
and two French doors. Prominent chimneys, one with diagonal Tudor flues. Next to
the front entrance, a corner stone is inscribed H.I.T. G.C.T. 1910.


Listing NGR: SU8388030679

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.