This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7465 / 51°44'47"N
Longitude: 0.5469 / 0°32'48"E
OS Eastings: 575921
OS Northings: 208376
OS Grid: TL759083
Mapcode National: GBR PKG.F3P
Mapcode Global: VHJK3.FCHH
Entry Name: Little Baddow Lock, Including Lock Gates and Four Bollards to Each Tow Path, Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation
Listing Date: 13 July 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1237553
English Heritage Legacy ID: 428900
Location: Boreham, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Boreham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Boreham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
The following items shall be added:
5213 Little Baddow Lock,
including lock gates
and four bollards to
each tow path,
TL 71 NE 10/335
Lock and lock gates. Circa 1797. Engineer John Rennie, work supervised by
Richard Coates. Red brick in English Bond. Large granite coping stones and
quoins. The wooden lock gates with iron hooks and chains and winding gear.
Four plain C20 cast iron bollards to each tow path. One of 12 original locks.
(See 55th list for Maldon District: Langford, 3/6 & 3/7).
Listing NGR: TL7592108376
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings