This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6678 / 51°40'4"N
Longitude: -0.6225 / 0°37'20"W
OS Eastings: 495364
OS Northings: 197458
OS Grid: SU953974
Mapcode National: GBR F67.KF5
Mapcode Global: VHFSH.5B9S
Entry Name: Piers Place
Listing Date: 22 December 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1237706
English Heritage Legacy ID: 414973
Location: Amersham, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP7
Civil Parish: Amersham
Built-Up Area: Amersham
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Amersham with Coleshill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. AMERSHAM HIGH STREET
5134 (south side)
No 130 (Piers Place)
and No 130A
SU 9597 SW 6/121 22.12.58
Late C17 altered and cased C18. Set back from road. Red brick, old tiled roof
with three box dormers, parapet with painted band, coped gable end. Two storeys
and attic, first floor band. Five double-hung sash arches in flush moulded
frames, flat gauged brick arches and wooden cills. 6-fielded panel door with
semi-circular traceried fanlight, door surround of attached Roman Doric columns,
entablature with paterae and modillion cornice and open modillion pediment.
Lower 2-storey wing on west with coped gable, band course, one sash window to
first floor. C19 gabled wing (No 130A) in front, one storey, purple brick,
tiled roof. Rear elevation has 3 hipped dormers, wooden bracketted eaves,
central large semi-circular headed stair window, door with hood below, two sash
windows to each side, both floors. West wing also has hipped dormer, wooden
eaves, one sash window to first floor.
Listing NGR: SU9536397472
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings