This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3801 / 51°22'48"N
Longitude: 0.2218 / 0°13'18"E
OS Eastings: 554714
OS Northings: 166904
OS Grid: TQ547669
Mapcode National: GBR VM.SNX
Mapcode Global: VHHP6.SKLW
Entry Name: Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul
Listing Date: 1 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1237990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 415106
Location: Farningham, Sevenoaks, Kent, DA4
Civil Parish: Farningham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Farningham St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
FARNINGHAM HIGH STREET
5280 (south-west side)
Church of St Peter
TQ 5466 10/116 1.6.67 and St Paul
C13 chancel and nave, C15 west tower and windows, restored and SE chapel and
north porch added by Ewan Christian 1868-71. Built of flint with stone dressings.
Tiled roof. Crenellated tower in 3 stages with diagonal buttresses and octagonal
stair turret. Three C15 traceried windows, to nave. Roof has embattled beams
and 4 crown posts. North-east nave window has stained glass of 1832, composed
partly of old fragments, by Charles Winston, son of the incumbent. C15 octagonal
font depicting the Seven Sacraments. Double piscina and sedilia. The north wall
of the chancel has fine alabaster Roper Monument of 1597 to Anthony Roper, the
son of Margaret Roper daughter of Sir Thomas More, who founded the local Roper
Charity. Hanging monument to William Hanger (died 1751) and 4 small brasses.
Listing NGR: TQ5471666902
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings