This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.894 / 50°53'38"N
Longitude: 0.0544 / 0°3'15"E
OS Eastings: 544578
OS Northings: 112509
OS Grid: TQ445125
Mapcode National: GBR LR2.W0K
Mapcode Global: FRA C60R.105
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin
Listing Date: 20 August 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1238690
English Heritage Legacy ID: 416290
Location: Ringmer, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Ringmer
Built-Up Area: Ringmer
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Ringmer St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
RINGMER CHURCH LANE
The Parish Church of
St Mary the Virgin
TQ 41 SW 10/565 20.8.65.
Church of England. Chancel with north and south chapels, nave with aisles,
south porch and west tower. Chancel, nave (except the westernmost bay) and
porch C15. North and south chapels early C16. The westernmost bay of the
nave and the tower were rebuilt in 1884 at the expense of William Langham
Cristie of Glyndebourne to replace the medieval tower which was burned down
in the C15, Architect Ewan Christian. The gallery and organ were given by
John Christie of Glyndebourne in 1922.
Listing NGR: TQ4458112510
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings