This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0646 / 51°3'52"N
Longitude: -1.7937 / 1°47'37"W
OS Eastings: 414555
OS Northings: 129498
OS Grid: SU145294
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.3BW
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.M1D
Entry Name: Church of St Osmund (Roman Catholic)
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1241985
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319121
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
CHURCH OF ST OSMUND
Roman Catholic Church
SU 1429 NE 4/365
SU 1429 SE 6/365 28.2.52.
1847-48 by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin. Coursed flint with stone dressings. South west tower with pyramid slate roof. Large gable over nave, slate roof. The north aisle with lower gable an addition of 1894 by D Webb. Interior arcades with foliate capitals low. Altar in south chapel by Pugin, elaborate font, with fleur-de-lys in quatrefoils. Stained glass: east and 2 south windows by Pugin, made by Hardman of Birmingham one of south windows inscribed "ex voto" by Pugin, dated 1850.
Nos 90 to 92 (consec) St Osmund's Church & School and Nos 95 & 96 form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1455529498
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings