This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.815 / 52°48'54"N
Longitude: -1.1478 / 1°8'52"W
OS Eastings: 457531
OS Northings: 324503
OS Grid: SK575245
Mapcode National: GBR 8K9.JMB
Mapcode Global: WHDHK.BHNS
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 13 October 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1242180
English Heritage Legacy ID: 441551
Location: Rempstone, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE12
Civil Parish: Rempstone
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Rempstone
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
REMPSTONE MELTON ROAD
SK 52 SE
8/65 Church of All
Parish church. 1771, consecrated 1773. Dressed coursed rubble
with ashlar dressings and quoins. Slate roof. Parapets with
gabled and coped east end. A band extends under the parapet
forming a pediment at the east end. The south side is on a
shallow plinth. Tower and nave with apsidal east end. Embattled
tower with 4 crocketed pinnacles of 4 stages with bands. The
south side has a doorway with 6 fielded panel door and flush
ashlar quoin surround. South and west sides have at the second
stage single semi-circular fixed lights with Gibbs style
surrounds, over that on the south side is an ashlar plaque
inscribed "Built in 1771". Above is a single circular fixed
light with raised ashlar surround and 4 keystones. In the west
side is a single small rectangular light. The 4 arched bell
chamber openings each have raised ashlar surrounds. The north
wall has 3 round arched casements with Gibbs style surrounds.
The apsidal east end has a single arched fixed light flanked by
single rectangular fixed lights all with Gibbs style surrounds.
There is a continuous sill band and cornice. The south wall has
2 windows similar to those of the north wall. to the left is a
doorway with 6 fielded panel door, chamfered rusticated surround
and pendant keystone. Above is a single semi-circular window
similar to those of the tower. To the left and mounted onto the
wall is a single slate headstone to George Goodman, 1695.
Interior with basket arch to apse has moulded continuous hood
mould to all but the west wall with gilt decorated label stops.
Moulded cornice. C18 panelled reredos, pulpit and reading desk
and altar rails. Box pews, including squire's and parson's pews,
C19. West gallery supported on 2 columns and with decoratively
carved panels. Octagonal ashlar font with inner C18 bowl.
Single C18 Royal Arms. Benefactions board in the tower. C19
memorials by J. Bacon, London, S. Pratt & Co., Nott, and Hull of
Listing NGR: SK5753124503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings