This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9646 / 52°57'52"N
Longitude: -2.2024 / 2°12'8"W
OS Eastings: 386503
OS Northings: 340823
OS Grid: SJ865408
Mapcode National: GBR 14W.20R
Mapcode Global: WHBD0.4RH4
Entry Name: Flower Garden East and West Walls
Listing Date: 9 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1244084
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448829
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST4
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Trentham St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 84 SE SWYNNERTON TRENTHAM PARK
953-0/2/10027 Flower Garden East and West Walls
Garden walls. Circa 1834-40, probably by Sir Charles Barry and W. A. Nesfield, for the Duke of Sutherland. Two ashlar dwarf walls, on the east and west sides of a formal garden. The walls have panelled sides alternating with piers and they have moulded plinths and coping. The east wall has a semi-circular alcove at the centre containing a seat; the seat on the west side has been removed.
Listing NGR: SJ8650240823
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings