This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9643 / 52°57'51"N
Longitude: -2.2019 / 2°12'6"W
OS Eastings: 386538
OS Northings: 340788
OS Grid: SJ865407
Mapcode National: GBR 14W.258
Mapcode Global: WHBD0.4RRC
Entry Name: Balustrade, Retaining Wall and Steps Between Flower and Parterre Gardens
Listing Date: 9 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1244085
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448830
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST4
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Trentham St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 84 SE SWYNNERTON TRENTHAM PARK
953-0/2/10028 Balustrade, Retaining Wall and
Steps between Flower and Parterre
Retaining wall with balustrade and steps. Circa 1834-40; probably by Sir Charles Barry and W.A.Nesfield, for the Duke of Sutherland. Ashlar retaining wall between the Flower and Parterre Gardens, with balustrade, radiused back at the centre with semi-circular flight of steps.
It formerly linked four pavilions, of which only the west pavilion survives and is listed, ref 2/12.
Listing NGR: SJ8653840787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings