This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1095 / 53°6'34"N
Longitude: -1.5538 / 1°33'13"W
OS Eastings: 429964
OS Northings: 357018
OS Grid: SK299570
Mapcode National: GBR 599.3YX
Mapcode Global: WHCDW.33BH
Entry Name: Southern Warehouse at Cromford Wharf
Listing Date: 8 May 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1244629
English Heritage Legacy ID: 449881
Location: Cromford, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE4
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Cromford
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Cromford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 2857/2957 CROMFORD MILL ROAD
668-0/2/10001 Southern warehouse at Cromford Wharf
Canal Warehouse. 1823, with later additions. For Nathaniel Wheatcroft (Arkwright Society archives). Coursed, squared and dressed sandstone, graduated Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 x 1 bays. North side: 2 doorways to ground floor flanked by windows with flush sills; all openings have massive lintels (openings boarded at time of survey). 1st floor doorway to left of centre has later wooden balcony; windows to each side as before, slatted casements. Rebuilt ashlar end stack on right. Rear (facing canal): central door flanked by windows beneath slate-hung projection cantilevered on wooden beams and beneath catslide roof East gable has enlarged double doors to ground floor beneath narrower double doors in stout wooden frame; bricked gable opening. Replica wooden crane fixed to wall. Single storey additions at west end form link to Counting House (qv). Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SK2996457017
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings