History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fountain Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Bramshaw, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9311 / 50°55'52"N

Longitude: -1.6195 / 1°37'10"W

OS Eastings: 426837

OS Northings: 114699

OS Grid: SU268146

Mapcode National: GBR 64J.KCV

Mapcode Global: FRA 76HN.2X1

Entry Name: Fountain Court

Listing Date: 8 January 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245214

English Heritage Legacy ID: 472707

Location: Bramshaw, New Forest, Hampshire, SO43

County: Hampshire

District: New Forest

Civil Parish: Bramshaw

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Bramshaw St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Cadnam

Listing Text

BOLDRE

BRAMSHAW
SU 21 SE
BRAMSHAW HILL
1924/4/10012

Fountain Court


II

Country house. 1916; probably by G. Kitchen, for Sir George Thursby. Painted brick, tile-hanging and some timber-framing. Clay plain tile hipped roof Brick axial stacks. PLAN : Long asymmetrical range with entrance-stairhall at centre of north west front, principal rooms on south garden front and service wing to north east. Domestic Revival style. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic. Asymmetrical NW entrance front; the roof is carried down at centre over porch between two hipped roof wings, the right with large timber mullion-transom stair window, close-studded timber-framing on first floor to left and right, and projecting hipped roof flanking wings, the right with timber gallery; service wing extending to left; small hipped dormers. SE garden front with two hipped roof wings, between which are two 2-storey square bay windows with tile-hung first floors and braced eaves; to the right a large 2-storey canted bay window with a hipped root; service wing set back on right with late C20 conservatory in the angle. SW end has two 2-storey square bay windows with 2-bay loggia between. The windows have heavy oak mullion-transom frames and leaded pane casements, and the plank doors and some of the windows have red tile relieving arches. INTERIOR: Plank doors with wrought-iron hinges, latches and locks. Open-well oak staircase with turned balusters and large square newels. Interior re-fitted late C20 with panelling, cupboards and chimneypieces.


Listing NGR: SU2683514697

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.