This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6135 / 51°36'48"N
Longitude: -0.6427 / 0°38'33"W
OS Eastings: 494076
OS Northings: 191395
OS Grid: SU940913
Mapcode National: GBR F6T.SCP
Mapcode Global: VHFSN.TP2X
Entry Name: Church of St Michael and All Angels
Listing Date: 14 December 2000
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246221
English Heritage Legacy ID: 487381
Location: Beaconsfield, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire, HP9
District: South Bucks
Civil Parish: Beaconsfield
Built-Up Area: Beaconsfield
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Beaconsfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
411/0/10038 ST MICHAELS GREEN
14-DEC-00 Church of St Michael and All Angels
Church. Nave and aisles of 1914-16 by G H Fellowes Prynne in Decorated style. The planned spire and Sanctuary were never built because of the First World War, but Sanctuary of 1954-5 and Lady Chapel of 1963. Original part of Kentish ragstone with tiled roof, Sanctuary and Lady Chapel of brown brick with stone dressings and tiled roof. West front has gable with large Decorated traceried window surmounted by statue of St Michael in niche. Lancets to side. Projecting central porch with arched doorcase with plank door with iron hinges and above a further statue of St Michael in stepped surround. Buttresses. Triple traceried window to aisles. North and south aisles have clerestorey and triple traceried windows under relieving arches, separated by buttresses. East end has lower Sanctuary with three leaded-light windows and lower Lady Chapel with three similar windows and arched doorcase.
INTERIOR: Three-bay nave with round-arched arcade on stone twisted and decorated columns. Arch-braced roof on stone corbels. Porch has glazed screen with floral motifs to fanlight. Stations of the Cross by the firm of Louis Grosse of 1935. Octagonal tapering stone font with oak cover by Faith Craft 1955. Sanctuary has oak communion rails and stone altar.
[Buildings of England, Bucks. 1994. P170.]
Listing NGR: SU9407691395
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings