This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6836 / 51°41'0"N
Longitude: -0.6018 / 0°36'6"W
OS Eastings: 496760
OS Northings: 199238
OS Grid: SU967992
Mapcode National: GBR F62.JMT
Mapcode Global: VHFS9.JY67
Entry Name: Anne's Corner
Listing Date: 14 February 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247091
English Heritage Legacy ID: 456268
Location: Chesham Bois, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP6
Civil Parish: Chesham Bois
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Chesham Bois
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 9699 CHESHAM BOIS BOIS LANE
12/10004 Numbers 1, 2 and 3, Anne's Corner
Three houses and shop, reputed to have been a dairy originally. Circa 1900, with some restoration after Second World War bomb damage. Vernacular Revival style. Ground floor mainly chequerwork flint and cemented brick but some repairs in red brick; first floor eclectic timberframing. Tiled roof with 5 clustered flint and cemented brick stacks set diagonally. Recessed centre with splayed ends. Two storeys; 6 windows. First floor is jettied and the central house has a pattern of close-studding with arches above and end curved windbraces. End houses have square panels and curved windbraces. Diamond-paned leaded light windows, first floor windows 3-light casements, ground floor windows are 3 or 5-light mullioned and transomed windows. Plank doors. Nos 1 and 3 have gable ends which formerly had exposed frame but are now tile-hung, above first floor of close-studding with curved braces above. Two gabled oriel windows supported on wooden brackets. No 1 has projecting 5-light bay. No 3 has a lightly projecting large bay replaced after bomb damage. Interior has exposed beams. This building is first shown on a postcard of 1905.
Listing NGR: SU9676099238
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings