This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0721 / 51°4'19"N
Longitude: -1.7913 / 1°47'28"W
OS Eastings: 414718
OS Northings: 130326
OS Grid: SU147303
Mapcode National: GBR 517.PY8
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.1YX
Entry Name: Western Boundary Wall and Return Section with Doorway to Street of the Council House
Listing Date: 12 October 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1248771
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318866
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
Western boundary wall,
and return section with
doorway to street, of the
SU 1430 SE 2/336A
The section of wall from the house to the street is of old red brick (early
C18) on a flint base with large stone blocks possibly of earlier origin.
The wall continues on the north side, along the garden at the back. The first
section very tall C18 red brick with stone coping. This is followed by a
lower flint rubble stretch with red brick bands and coping. The short return
section to the street is terminated by plain stone pier. The brickwork is
later but has, a possibly reset, C18 entrance consisting of rusticated chamfered
stone surround, voussoirs. Keyston and moulded
pediment over. Fielded panel door also probably reset.
Listing NGR: SU1471830326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings