This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2695 / 52°16'10"N
Longitude: -0.6016 / 0°36'5"W
OS Eastings: 495521
OS Northings: 264398
OS Grid: SP955643
Mapcode National: GBR DYX.QQK
Mapcode Global: VHFPL.J7B2
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Lawrence
Listing Date: 13 July 1964
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1249349
English Heritage Legacy ID: 431435
Location: Wymington, Bedford, NN10
Civil Parish: Wymington
Built-Up Area: Rushden
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Wymington
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
WYMINGTON CHURCH LANE
SP 96 SE
2/675 Parish Church of
Fine mid-C14 parish church. It was built by John Curteys, Mayor of the Staple
of Lalais. His tomb dated 1391 is situated in the S. side of the chancel.
The church is built of limestone rubble with some Northants. ironstone. It
consists of nave with N. and S. aisles, chancel, W. tower, S. porch and N.
chapel. The latter was converted to a vestry in 1845 when a number of
restorations to the Church were made. The church has typical Decorated
elements. The nave is of 4 bays, both it and the chancel have low
battlemented roofs. Ornate 2-storey S. porch with rib vault which has central
Green Man Boss. W. tower is C14 up to bell openings and Perpendicular above
with frieze, battlemented parapet and crocketed spire. The interior has C14
and C15 wall paintings including a large Doom over the chancel arch. Jacobean
pulpit. C14 font.
Listing NGR: SP9552164398
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings