This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7696 / 52°46'10"N
Longitude: 1.1615 / 1°9'41"E
OS Eastings: 613372
OS Northings: 323798
OS Grid: TG133237
Mapcode National: GBR VDJ.6J8
Mapcode Global: WHLRN.TN93
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 8 December 1977
Last Amended: 18 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1250028
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227995
Location: Cawston, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Cawston
Built-Up Area: Cawston
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Cawston St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 1323 CAWSTON CHURCH LANE
11/35 The Old Rectory
8/12/77 (Formerly listed as the Rectory)
Former Rectory now divided into 2 houses. Mainly early C19 but with early
C18 core. Built of red brick with slate roofs. Double pile house of 2 storeys
and attics. East facade, early C19, of 7 bays with central C20 single storey
extension. Brick plinth, sash windows with glazing bars and flat gauged brick
arches. Late C19 gabled dormers with casement windows. Hipped roof with
polychrome brick stacks at hips. Western pile mainly C18 with sash windows.
Southern gable wall early C18, with brick plinth and moulded brick string course
at first floor level, and with triple brick corbel eaves. First floor sash
window with cast iron window box. Curious Gothic arcade dividing hall with
clustered shatfs forming piers with base and capitals. Large open fireplace
in south side with wrought iron bar supporting brick chimney breast. C19 doors,
architraves and mouldings, moulded coved ceilings in first floor western rooms.
Listing NGR: TG1337223798
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings