This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1524 / 51°9'8"N
Longitude: 0.0018 / 0°0'6"E
OS Eastings: 540098
OS Northings: 141146
OS Grid: TQ400411
Mapcode National: GBR KLL.M9B
Mapcode Global: VHGSS.Z99D
Entry Name: Farmbuilding Approximately 25 Metres to North of Worth House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1251491
English Heritage Legacy ID: 434218
Location: Dormansland, Tandridge, Surrey, RH19
Civil Parish: Dormansland
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Dormansland St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 44 SW LINGFIELD WILDERICK ROAD
(West side) Dormansland
10/260 Farmbuilding approx.
25 metres to north of
Worth House Farmhouse
Farmbuilding. Dated 1765. Red brick with blue-glazed headers in Flemish bond, plain
tile roof. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Plinth of large stone blocks. Right bay has tall,
round-arched carriage entrance with C20 board double doors. Above it is set datestone.
To bay 2, a C20 board door in wood frame under segmental brick arch; above it a
rectangular pitching hole with board door and segmental header-brick arch; to either
side on each floor a bricked-up and painted window opening under segmental arch
of headers to 1st floor. Dentilled eaves. Half-hipped roof. Right return: segmental
arched opening with board door to 1st floor. Rear: C20 added range not of special
interest. Interior: first floor reported to have wattle and daub wall structure,
possibly the internal lining to facilitate the use of this floor as a granary.
Listing NGR: TQ4009841146
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings