This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8475 / 51°50'51"N
Longitude: -1.3577 / 1°21'27"W
OS Eastings: 444341
OS Northings: 216739
OS Grid: SP443167
Mapcode National: GBR 7WH.5K5
Mapcode Global: VHCX6.FT3L
Entry Name: Number 9 and Attached Walls and Outbuilding
Listing Date: 18 October 1949
Last Amended: 27 July 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1252571
English Heritage Legacy ID: 435574
Location: Woodstock, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Woodstock
Built-Up Area: Woodstock
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Woodstock
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WOODSTOCK PARK STREET
SP4416NW (South side)
9/226 No.9 and attached walls and
(Formerly listed as Old Town
Two houses, now house. C17. House to right of c.1810 for Henry North, town
clerk. Coursed limestone rubble. Ashlar front, with banded rustication to ground
floor. Gabled Welsh slate roof; end stacks of rendered stone finished in brick.
Double-depth plan. Late Georgian style. 3 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range.
Early C19 beaded double doors with decorative overlight set in bracketed
architrave with revealed panels. Keyed segmental tympanum arches over tripartite
sashes with glazing bars. Raised storey band; flat arches over 6-pane sashes to
first floor and 3-pane sashes to second floor; bracketed cornice. C17 house to
left, remodelled in C19: of coursed limestone rubble with stuccoed upper storey
and stone slate roof: 3-storey, one-window range has canted 2-storey bay window
with 8-pane sashes; early C19 eight-pane sash above. Rear wall of C17 house
heightened in mid C19 brick. C19 sashes and casements to rear. Interior: early
C19 panelled dado in central hall; dentilled cornice and early C19 fireplace in
room to right; early C19 quarter-turn stairs with winders and stick balusters in
hall to rear. C17 house to left noted as having heavy chamfered beams.
Subsidiary features: brick walls enclose garden approximately 50 x 10 metres to
rear; of early C19 rat-trap Flemish bond to left. Mid/late C18 English garden
wall bond with limestone rubble to rear wall adjoining Rectory Lane (q.v.).
Early C19 outbuilding to rear, of brick and limestone rubble with concrete tile
roof, is attached to outbuilding facing Rectory Lane of limestone rubble with
half-hipped stone slate roof.
(Information from VCH)
Listing NGR: SP4434116739
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings