History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Andrews Church Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Northwick Park, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5588 / 51°33'31"N

Longitude: -0.3237 / 0°19'25"W

OS Eastings: 516302

OS Northings: 185764

OS Grid: TQ163857

Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.F2N

Mapcode Global: VHGQP.B2QW

Entry Name: St Andrews Church Hall

Listing Date: 2 August 1990

Last Amended: 31 July 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1252702

English Heritage Legacy ID: 198798

Location: Brent, London, HA0

County: London

District: Brent

Electoral Ward/Division: Northwick Park

Built-Up Area: Brent

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St Andrew Sudbury

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Harrow on the Hill

Listing Text

ST. ANDREWS AVENUE
(west side)
St. Andrews Church Hall
TQ 1685
/8/3
GV
II
The address shall be amended and statutory reference added:-

TQ 1685 HARROW ROAD
935/8/3 (north east side)
02/08/90 St. Andrews Church Hall

GV II

TQ 1685 CHURCH GARDENS
935/8/3 (North west side)
02/08/90 St. Andrews Church Hall


See under: St. Andrews Church Hall Harrow Road.

------------------------------------

AVENUE
TQ 1685 ST. ANDREW'S AVENUE
(West Side)
8/3 St Andrews Church Hall

II GV

Mission church, and caretaker's house now church hall. 1904-5 by Arnold
Mitchell. Purple-red brick in Flemish bond; plain tile roof; corniced brick
stacks; wood-shingled frame to overhead ridge light. 5 bays in all,
comprising 4-bay former church room which incorporates entrance lobby with
gallery over at west end and altar recess at east end lit from above; wide 5th
bay, at front with projecting gable with attic, formerly with classroom and
caretaker's accommodation. In Arts and Crafts style. Small-pane wooden
casement windows, of 5 lights to each floor of gabled bay, of 2 lights to
church room the 2nd and 4th taller with transoms and breaking eaves under
gablets. Stone lozenge to each gable. Ridge light over bay 4. Ridge stack
to gabled bay and to rear right. Mid C20 link block at right end not of
special interest. Left return (entrance elevation) : projecting central panel
below brick relieving arch has 3 stone steps up to round-arched double door
with small-paned top lights in splayed red-brick reveal with triple-moulded
head and deep cornice. Above door, 3-light window, the central light having
fanlight with radial glazing bars. Hipped-roofed canopy at gable apex which
formerly housed bell. Interior : church room has barrel-vaulted roof with
decorative moulded plaster ribs, bands and panels, and cornice. Stained glass
in west window by Mrs Mitchell. Former caretaker's house has panelled doors,
and a fireplace with husk -decorated surround and fitted key-cupboard above.


Listing NGR: TQ1630285764

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.