History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Dogmersfield, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2676 / 51°16'3"N

Longitude: -0.8812 / 0°52'52"W

OS Eastings: 478147

OS Northings: 152639

OS Grid: SU781526

Mapcode National: GBR C83.D1K

Mapcode Global: VHDXT.NDZM

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 24 November 1961

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1253347

English Heritage Legacy ID: 136516

Location: Dogmersfield, Hart, Hampshire, RG27

County: Hampshire

District: Hart

Civil Parish: Dogmersfield

Built-Up Area: Fleet

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Dogmersfield All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Winchfield

Listing Text

SU 7852 DOGMERSFIELD

18/1
All Saints Church, Pilcot
24.11.61
-
- II

1843, by B. Ferrey. Nave of 4 bays with miniature transepts (in the form of a
single bay aisle), chancel of one bay, "western" tower, and south porch; an
unaltered 'Early English' building. Steep slate roofing, with lower outshot
roofs to transepts and low pyramid to tower. White stone walling in coursed
rubble, with ashlar dressings; buttresses with 2 set-offs diagonally placed at
nave corners but square-coupled to chancel, plinth. Narrow lancets to transepts
and chancel, double lights below tracery in nave and tower, triple light with
tracery at 'east' end. Tower is slender, of 3 stages, the 2 lower plain with
flat coupled corner buttresses, a high plinth: the top stage has a parapet on
brackets and on each face 2 windows (each with coupled lights beneath plate
tracery) linked by an impost band: the widening at each stage is marked by 2
bands. Timber framed gabled porch on low stone wall. Within, high pointed arch
separates the transepts, underneath a stone screen with a crenellated top, 4
cusped arches on slender columns standing on a low wall: at the east a 4-centred
arched doorway. A fine painting (attributed to Van Dyke and in his style) is
behind the altar. A white marble font with baluster stem. Wall tablets.Brass
of 1590.


Listing NGR: SU7814752639

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.