This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9067 / 52°54'24"N
Longitude: -0.6394 / 0°38'21"W
OS Eastings: 491606
OS Northings: 335232
OS Grid: SK916352
Mapcode National: GBR DQ4.M6H
Mapcode Global: WHGKP.46TG
Entry Name: Church of St John the Evangelist
Listing Date: 20 April 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1253742
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193015
Location: South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG31
District: South Kesteven
Town: South Kesteven
Electoral Ward/Division: Grantham St Vincent's
Built-Up Area: Grantham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Re-graded from B to II on 25th January 2005.
607/5/200 STATION ROAD
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST
Church. 1840-1, extended 1883-4. 83 x 53 feet. Ancaster stone. Architect A. Salvin, built by local firm of Wilson and Collingwood under patronage of Lady Brownlow and with a contribution from Queen Adelaide 1840-41. Plain early English style, short window tower with pinnacles. Aisles widened 1883-4, when chancel
rebuilt. Low circular piers. St. George's chapel in south transept -
war memorial and has 5 lancet windows with stained glass of 1911 by
Archibald Nicholson of Lincoln's Inn - a copy of C14 glass at Chartres.
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 27 October 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings