History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church House (Playschool)

A Grade II Listed Building in Bingham, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9519 / 52°57'6"N

Longitude: -0.9478 / 0°56'52"W

OS Eastings: 470790

OS Northings: 339906

OS Grid: SK707399

Mapcode National: GBR BLH.TFS

Mapcode Global: WHFJ6.D2XB

Entry Name: Church House (Playschool)

Listing Date: 14 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1258810

English Heritage Legacy ID: 241754

Location: Bingham, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: Bingham

Built-Up Area: Bingham

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Bingham

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
East Bridgford

Listing Text

BINGHAM EAST STREET
SK 7039
(south side)
12/9 Church House
(Playschool)

G.V. II

Church school and teacher's house. Now a playschool. 1845. By
Scott and Moffatt for Canon Miles. Gothic Revival style. Brick
with gabled plain and patterned tile roofs. Chamfered plinth,
diaper work, chamfered eaves, coped gables with kneelers,
terracotta finials and crosses. Ashlar dressings. 2 side wall,
single ridge and single external gable stacks with shoulders and
relief patterned octagonal stalks. Single and 2 storeys, 4 bays.
Irregular L-plan. Windows are transomed lancets with hood
moulds. North front has off-centre gabled wing with porch in
each return angle. To left, 2 buttresses and 2 lancets. To
right, gabled porch with diagonal buttress and four centred
arched door. Above, shield inscribed 'AD 1845'. East side has 2
small lancets. To its right, quadruple lancet with single lancet
above. To right again, porch with four centred arched door and
above, shield inscribed 'Church Schools'. To its right, triple
lancet. Above, cross-eaves gabled dormer with double lancets.
West front has to left, buttress flanked by single lancets and
crosslet in porch. To right, single lancet. South side has off-
centre gabled wing flanked to left by late C19 lean-to addition,
and to right, 2 C20 flat roofed additions. To left, C20 casement
and door. To its right small gabled outbuilding with 3 C20
casements. Above, to left, 2 cross-eaves gabled dormers with
single windows. To right, single lancet. East front has to
left, 2 lancets. East gable has triple lancet and above, single
lancet. Interior has four centred arched doors.


Listing NGR: SK7079039906

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.