This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2197 / 51°13'10"N
Longitude: -0.805 / 0°48'17"W
OS Eastings: 483554
OS Northings: 147396
OS Grid: SU835473
Mapcode National: GBR DB3.F97
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.0L9W
Entry Name: Barn to the North West of the Grange
Listing Date: 29 December 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1260125
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290836
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Built-Up Area: Farnham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Farnham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
1099 CASTLE HILL
Barn to the north-west
of The Grange
SU 8347 SE 1/2C
C19, Clunch with brick quoins and dressings; some brick ventilator openings.
Hipped tile roof which descends to form pentice over end bays on east side.
West side is blank except for ledged double doors in centre. East side has various
openings both in centre and in end bays. Ledged double door in centre; Dutch
type ledged door in projecting bay at right hand end; 2 square openings and
a segmental headed Dutch type ledged door in projecting bay at left hand end.
The barn bears testimony to the early history of this site when it was the
Grange of the Bishop of Winchester.
Listing NGR: SU8355447396
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings