This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9972 / 52°59'49"N
Longitude: -0.4109 / 0°24'39"W
OS Eastings: 506745
OS Northings: 345607
OS Grid: TF067456
Mapcode National: GBR FQS.4WY
Mapcode Global: WHGK6.NXJP
Entry Name: Schoolroom Annexe to Kesteven and Sleaford High School
Listing Date: 14 January 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1261296
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191912
Location: Sleaford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Sleaford
Built-Up Area: Sleaford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sleaford St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/08/2016.
19 JERMYN STREET
Schoolroom annexe to Kesteven and Sleaford High School
(Formerly listed as: Schoolroom annexe to Kesteven High School)
Office building now annexe. c1870 with later addition. Probably by
Kirk and Parry of Sleaford. Coursed, squared limestone with ashlar
dressing, slate roof with terracotta ridges and finials. 1 storey and
attic; compact L shape plan with gabled porch on external angle.
Gothic Revival details. Large quoins, chamfered plinth, corbel table
at eaves. Corner porch has moulded plinths with bootscrapers and
round columns supporting a moulded basket arch; part glazed door has
3 panels and 3 lights behind barbed iron bars. Gable has an ashlar
oriel window of 3 lights; shaped kneelers and ashlar copings with
finial. Left return: 3-light and 1-light windows with sloping sills,
stop-chamfered mullions and segmentally-arched heads; original 4-pane
iron casements with central rosettes and pivotting openers. Right
return: 2-light and tripled 2-light windows in same style; decorative
Swept roof with lead rolls to hipped ends. Ridge stack to left
return has an offset plinth pierced by a trefoil and 2 diagonally-set,
castellated flues; ridge cresting with zoomorphic finial. End of
right return has a 2-light window in gabled half-dormer.
Rear: Large bay window (reused ?) with large 12-pane sashes and
French window beneath transom lights and stepped parapet.
Interior: 4-panel doors; corbelled brown-marble fireplace in room
with the bay window.
Kirk and Parry of Jermyn Street are listed in directories from the
mid C19. William Kirk of Nottingham (1749-1823) was followed in the
profession by his son and grandson (both named Charles) as Kirk and
Son or in-association with Parry.
Kirk and-Parry also had a flour mill off Jermyn Street but this
particular building may have served as the office for their
Listing NGR: TF0674545607
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings