This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9559 / 50°57'21"N
Longitude: -2.6762 / 2°40'34"W
OS Eastings: 352604
OS Northings: 117597
OS Grid: ST526175
Mapcode National: GBR MM.N1TP
Mapcode Global: FRA 568L.57K
Entry Name: Two Monuments in Churchyard, Immediately South of Chancel, Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 27 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1263072
English Heritage Legacy ID: 263494
Location: Brympton, South Somerset, Somerset, BA21
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Brympton
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST51NW BRYMPTON D'EVERCY CP
3/39 Two monuments in churchyard,
immediately south of chancel,
Church of St Andrew
Two monuments. Circa 1700, A) Smart monument about one metre south of chancel: chest tomb. Early C18, Ham stone,
Moulded plinth; semi-circular arched panels, one each end and two each flank, with imposts, keystones and egg-and-dart
moulding to arches, no frieze; moulded coving to hipped top. Commemorates Magdelen Smart, died,1717, her Mother,
Magdelen, died 1727, and also Robert Markes, died 1765, B) Markes monument about 2 metres south of chancel; head-stone.
Late C17. Ham stone, Single slab about 700 mm wide and 800 mm high, flat top: moulded surround, with 2 semi-circular
arched panels at head with keystones and imposts, the centre being on a corbel; commemorates William Markes, died 1690,
and Alice his wife, died 1695.
Listing NGR: ST5260417597
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings