This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.57 / 51°34'12"N
Longitude: 0.0577 / 0°3'27"E
OS Eastings: 542704
OS Northings: 187687
OS Grid: TQ427876
Mapcode National: GBR NC.M7K
Mapcode Global: VHHN4.YSCT
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 19 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1263109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204890
Location: Redbridge, London, IG1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cranbrook
Built-Up Area: Redbridge
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Great Ilford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
Church of St Andrew
TQ 48 NW 5/19
1924. Designed by Sir Herbert Baker. High nave with low narrow aisles and 5-sided
eastern apse. Red brick with steep pitch clay tile roof. Fleche at west end. Low
projecting chapel with gabled roof and apse on north side. Full height projecting
organ loft with hipped roof on south side. West front has a small apsidal baptistery
projection with a copper half dome and statue. Deep stepped buttresses along the
sides and segmental arched windows with brick mullions. Rose window at west end.
Pointed arched windows in east apse.
The interior is all in brick. Seven-bay round arched nave and open timber roof.
The east apse is vaulted.
See also the Vicarage, St Andrew's Road, Ilford.
Listing NGR: TQ4270487687
Other nearby listed buildings