History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cattle Pens at Moss House

A Grade II Listed Building in Wennington, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1315 / 54°7'53"N

Longitude: -2.5828 / 2°34'57"W

OS Eastings: 362017

OS Northings: 470782

OS Grid: SD620707

Mapcode National: GBR BNDN.MQ

Mapcode Global: WH952.9FC2

Entry Name: Cattle Pens at Moss House

Listing Date: 24 September 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1263122

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182534

Location: Wennington, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Wennington

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Tunstall St John the Baptist and Melling St Wilfred and Leck St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Wennington

Listing Text

WENNINGTON SPOUT LANE
SD 67 SW
5/192 Cattle Pens at Moss
House.
II
GV
The serial No shall be amended to read:- 5/193
In the last line of the description the (ref 5/191) shall be amended
to read (5/194)

------------------------------------

WENNINGTON SPOUT LANE
SD 67 SW
5/192 Cattle pens at
Moss House.

GV II

Integrated cattle pens and stable forming part of a model farm.
Built 1845 by W.A.F. Saunders of Wennington Hall. Local coursed
watershot freestone; blue Ulverston slate. 3 single-storeyed
ranges forming on U-plan around former manure depot (now
replaced); heifers were accommodated in the W range, milkers
and calves to the north, yearlings and horses to the E. High
set openings to outer elevations are largely intact. Windows
and doorways to 'inner elevations have undergone only minor
alterations. Some stalls to the stable survive but are very
decayed. This building forms the livestock area and was
associated (and groups) with the mechanised range to the north
(ref 5/191).


Listing NGR: SD6201770782

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.