This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2415 / 51°14'29"N
Longitude: -1.0449 / 1°2'41"W
OS Eastings: 466767
OS Northings: 149578
OS Grid: SU667495
Mapcode National: GBR B6Y.0N9
Mapcode Global: VHD0G.T2Y3
Entry Name: Roundtown
Listing Date: 23 June 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264273
English Heritage Legacy ID: 428349
Location: Tunworth, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG25
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Tunworth
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Herriard with Winslade St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
The following building shall be added:-
SU64NW HACKWOOD PARK
Estate cottages. Probably circa 1800 to 1813; extended later C19 and altered C20. Flemish bond
red brick with blue headers. Clay plain tile roofs with gabled and half-hipped ends. Brick axial
and gable-end stacks. PLAN: Comprising three pavilions. The larger centre pavilion is flanked
by two cottages linked to it by single-storey quadrants containing services. Each of the pavilions
was a pair of cottages; the east pavilion was extended to the east later in the C19 and the pairs
of cottages were converted into single cottages in the C20. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 3-bay centre
with pedimental gable, centre first floor blind, casements, doorway to left of centre.
Single-storey quadrant-on-plan outbuildings to right and left with flanking cottages facing
inwards; each 1-storey and attic, 3 windows, central doors, casements, attic windows in
half-hipped gable-ends. Attached to the rear of the right [east] cottage is a later C19 cottage of
2 storeys and 2 bays. The rear [north]; centre pavilion has large blind round arch and flanking
to right and left the curved back walls of the quadrant links. INTERIOR: Remodelled later in
SOURCE: 1839 tithe map.
Listing NGR: SU6492850413
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings