History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farmbuildings to North West of Burlinghams Farmhouse at St 5027 2212

A Grade II Listed Building in Tintinhull, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9963 / 50°59'46"N

Longitude: -2.71 / 2°42'35"W

OS Eastings: 350270

OS Northings: 122120

OS Grid: ST502221

Mapcode National: GBR MK.KK7C

Mapcode Global: FRA 566G.XR5

Entry Name: Farmbuildings to North West of Burlinghams Farmhouse at St 5027 2212

Listing Date: 21 April 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1264961

English Heritage Legacy ID: 426444

Location: Tintinhull, South Somerset, Somerset, BA22

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Tintinhull

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Ilchester

Listing Text

TINTINHULL
ST 52 SW

1526/4/10000 Farmbuildings to NW of Burlinghams
Farmhouse at ST 5027 2212

GV II
Outfarm. Early C19. English garden wall bond brick with
limestone quoins and footings; tipped plain tile roof with stone
slate lower course. U-plan with shelter sheds built around yard
facing east; fodder room to SW. One storey. East-facing
elevation of 6 bays and N and S-facing elevations to yard each
of 3 bays, all with square-section piers. Similar 2-bay entry
to fodder room. West elevation has 2 doorways providing access
direct onto pasture. Interior: collar-truss roof with pegged
principals, tusk tenons to purlins and nailed collars. It is
probable that the roof was renewed in 1838 when Burlinghams's
Farmhouse was made "very convenient" and the buildings made "very
perfect". The buildings date from soon after the enclosure of
the parish in 1796 and were clearly built to accommodate
fattening cattle, being sited on some of the best fattening and
grazing land in C19 Somerset.
(Somerset Records Office DD.BT 6/26 and 1839 Tithe Map)

Listing NGR: ST5027022120

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.