This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0547 / 52°3'16"N
Longitude: 1.1583 / 1°9'29"E
OS Eastings: 616632
OS Northings: 244299
OS Grid: TM166442
Mapcode National: GBR TMW.5NK
Mapcode Global: VHLBT.1M67
Entry Name: Remains of Black Friars Priory
Listing Date: 19 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1265022
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426045
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4
District Council Ward: Alexandra
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Ipswich St Mary-le-Tower
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
1260 SCHOOL STREET
Black Friars Priory
TM 1644 SE 4/233 19.12.51.
A flint wall with 7 stone dressed pointed arches with deep recesses. The
only surviving remains of the Black Friars Priory, the refrectory, which
stood on this site. AM.
Listing NGR: TM1663244299
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings