This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2101 / 52°12'36"N
Longitude: 0.1752 / 0°10'30"E
OS Eastings: 548722
OS Northings: 259109
OS Grid: TL487591
Mapcode National: GBR M8P.H3D
Mapcode Global: VHHK3.ZQH2
Entry Name: Marshalls Cambridge Airport Control and Office Building
Listing Date: 6 May 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1271814
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468671
Location: Teversham, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB5
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Teversham
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Teversham All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 45 NE TEVERSHAM NEWMARKET ROAD
321/6/1150 Marshalls Cambridge Airport
control and offica building
Airport office building, formerly control, club and terminal building. 1938. By AGG Marshall for his own firm, Marshall of Cambridge (Engineering) Ltd. Render, probably on brick, with parapeted flat roof. Modern style. Single storey with 2-storey centre. Entrance front is an 8-window range of metal casements of 2, 3, and 4 lights. On first floor are two 4-light casements either side the central section of the front which breaks forward. Here a large tripartite window of metal casements over a flat entrance canopy supported on thin metal stanchions. Oak glazed double doors with similar side panels. Front facing the airfield is a 19-window range with in addition a square bay to right and a semicircular 2-storey bay to centre, windows mostly with metal casements. On the first floor only part breaks forward to the bay and here there are corner windows. Further casements to the first floor. Ground floor has three part-glazed doors. INTERIOR. Entrance hall has staircase which leads to gallery with open wooden balustrade. Room with bay window reported as being originally the club lounge and having panelling. A rare and little altered example of an interwar airport control, club and terminal building.
Listing NGR: TL4872259109
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings