This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.08 / 53°4'47"N
Longitude: -2.0399 / 2°2'23"W
OS Eastings: 397423
OS Northings: 353638
OS Grid: SJ974536
Mapcode National: GBR 24W.T8H
Mapcode Global: WHBCH.MVT6
Entry Name: St Edwards Hospital Chapel
Listing Date: 14 July 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1272022
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468790
Location: Cheddleton, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST13
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Cheddleton
Built-Up Area: St. Edward's Park
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Cheddleton St Edward the Confessor
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ95SE CHEDDLETON CHEDDLETON
1798- /5/10010 St Edward's Hospital Chapel
Chapel to the former North Staffordshire Asylum, now St Edward's Hospital, qv. c1895-99 by Giles, Gough and Trollope. Wall Grange faced red bricks with sandstone dressings. Slated pitched roofs, chancel lower, with pinnacled bellcote to south (liturgical west) end. 7-bay aisleless nave and 4-bay chancel. Decorated style. 4-light window to east end, 5-light to west end; nave with alternating 2-light windows in narrower bays and 3-light windows in wider bays, separated by buttresses. Single storey entrance vestibule under west window with square-headed, traceried windows having a continuous hoodmould. Flanking angle buttresses terminate with conical roofed pinnacles. Interior: Nave has a hammer-beam king post roof, the chancel a king post roof. Plain rendered walls with stone dressings. Patterned tile floor. Fixtures and fittings removed.
Listing NGR: SJ9742353638
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings