This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6248 / 52°37'29"N
Longitude: -2.3069 / 2°18'24"W
OS Eastings: 379320
OS Northings: 303047
OS Grid: SJ793030
Mapcode National: GBR 07G.KKS
Mapcode Global: WH9DK.J9P3
Entry Name: Whiston Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1274153
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255171
Location: Boningale, Shropshire, WV7
Civil Parish: Boningale
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Boningale St Chad
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 70 SE BONINGALE C.P. -
Whiston Hall Farmhouse
House. C17 with later additions and alterations. Timber-framed on
brick and stone plinth with red brick and plastered infill, roughly
shaped stone quoins, plain tiled roofs. L shaped. Two storeys;
north-south range of 2½ structural bays with small square panelling; cross
wing probably of three bays. with vertical panelling and timber framing
largely replaced with brick on left return front, V shaped struts above
collar to gable; 1:2 windows, C20 casements possibly retaining proportions
of original windows. C20 doorway in angle between north-south range
and cross wing; C20 integral brick stacks, gablet to left-hand end of
north-south range and suggestions of another to right. Door with flat
Perpendicular arch to rear.
Not marked on the Provisional Edition of
the Ordnance Survey Map (1901;revised 1938), the regularity of the
roof lines and the pointing of the brickwork suggest that the house
may have been re-erected here after being moved from another site.
Listing NGR: SJ7932003047
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings