This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8631 / 50°51'46"N
Longitude: 0.0682 / 0°4'5"E
OS Eastings: 545643
OS Northings: 109098
OS Grid: TQ456090
Mapcode National: GBR LRH.S2S
Mapcode Global: FRA C61T.DDF
Entry Name: Harveys
Listing Date: 17 March 1952
Last Amended: 27 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1275032
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292952
Location: Glynde, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Glynde
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Glynde St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
(formerly listed as
TQ 4509 31/533 17.3.52.
Called after a C19 occupier, antiquary, W Harvey FSA. L-shaped C16 timber-framed
building. Ground floor rebuilt in red brick. Gable at north end oversailing
on brackets. Tiled roof with hip to east wing. Casement windows with small
square panes. One oriel window projecting on brackets. Brick chimney breast
on south wall. Two storeys, and attic in gable. Four windows.
Listing NGR: TQ4564309098
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings