This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.57 / 51°34'11"N
Longitude: -0.7798 / 0°46'47"W
OS Eastings: 484663
OS Northings: 186382
OS Grid: SU846863
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.FNH
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.FSLV
Entry Name: The Stables at Remnantz
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1275653
English Heritage Legacy ID: 411641
Location: Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Built-Up Area: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(South East Side)
The Stables at Remnantz
SU 8486 1/72A 16.7.49.
The stables to left hand at right angles to left hand wing of house are a
long 2-storey, symmetrical block of vitreous brick with red dressings,
bracketted wood cornice and central pediment with a clock tower of wood on
rusticated square base and with an octagonal arched belfry, surmounted by
ball finial over a lead domed roof and crowned with a weathercock, with
wrought iron scroll ornament, and vane with small man firing a cannon. The
centre block has 2 coach doors. The wings, each of 5 bays, have a central
door with cornice hood. This block is approached by a pair of central brick
piers in curved recess from road with flanking walls linking screen to house
one side and porch of No 83 on other side.
Listing NGR: SU8462686402
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings