This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0373 / 51°2'14"N
Longitude: -0.6634 / 0°39'48"W
OS Eastings: 493811
OS Northings: 127286
OS Grid: SU938272
Mapcode National: GBR FFR.T9Q
Mapcode Global: FRA 96HC.WXD
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Lawrence
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1276255
English Heritage Legacy ID: 409922
Location: Lurgashall, Chichester, West Sussex, GU28
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Lurgashall
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lurgashall St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 92 NW LURGASHALL The Green (east side)
7/34 The Parish Church of St
Cruciform church with gallery or cloister to the south of the nave and tower at
its east end. Some Norman work but mainly C13. Tower C14. The wooden gallery
or cloister, which is a very unusual feature C15. It was later used as a school.
The chancel was largely rebuilt in 1731 by the Rev James Brandon, who was vicar
from 1723 to 1743.
Listing NGR: SU9381127286
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings