This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7197 / 51°43'11"N
Longitude: -0.8443 / 0°50'39"W
OS Eastings: 479932
OS Northings: 202966
OS Grid: SP799029
Mapcode National: GBR C2Q.3CQ
Mapcode Global: VHDVQ.B10G
Entry Name: Signal Box
Listing Date: 16 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1276408
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46480
Location: Princes Risborough, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP27
Civil Parish: Princes Risborough
Built-Up Area: Princes Risborough
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Princes Risborough with Ilmer
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The following building shall be added;
SP 70 SE PRINCES RISBOROUGH
Signal box. Built 1908. Red machine brick with blue brick quoins and
dressings; timber-framed upper floor; hipped slate roof. Rectangular box
with longer side facing the track. Two storeys. Ground floor of 9-window
range with glazing bars to segmental-headed windows. Timber-framed upper
floor is fully glazed on 3 sides, with horizontally-sliding windows.
Bracketed eaves cornice. Open wooden stair on south side. Interior:
originally housed 100 levers and housed the main line and three branch lines
which radiate from Princes Risborough; many of the original levers survive.
The Princes Risborough box is the largest and only unaltered example of a
"Churchward" era GWR design box.
Listing NGR: SP7993202966
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings