This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8832 / 50°52'59"N
Longitude: -0.7292 / 0°43'45"W
OS Eastings: 489493
OS Northings: 110070
OS Grid: SU894100
Mapcode National: GBR DG8.GH5
Mapcode Global: FRA 96CR.V1T
Entry Name: Molecomb
Listing Date: 5 June 1958
Last Amended: 28 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1276481
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301220
Location: Westhampnett, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Westhampnett
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: East Dean, Singleton and West Dean
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SINGLETON GOODWOOD PARK
SU 81 SE
8/202 Molecomb (Previously listed
as Molecomb, Goodwood Park).
The Dower house of Goodwood Park. Described by Lady Sarah Lennox, daughter
of the second Duke of Richmond, as having been designed in 1777 by her
brother, the third Duke, but otherwise designed by James Wyatt. Two storeys.
Faced with flints. Slate roof. The North or entrance front has 9 windows.
The 3 centre window bays project and have a stringcourse. The end window
bays are of lower elevation and are surmounted by pediments. The window
dressings and quoins are of red brick. Glazing bars intact. Corinthian
porch with wide round-headed doorway beneath it containing a round-headed
tympanum and double doors of 6 panels. On the south or garden side the
facade forms a centre and 2 wings. The centre has 2 storeys and 5 windows
with an eaves cornice of white brick. It is flanked by single storey
portions or corridors of 4 Ionic columns each, which have since been filled
in and now contain 2 windows and one doorway on each side. Behind these
portions rises the back elevation of the house which is still of 2 storeys.
On the outer sides are 2 pavillion of one storey only but of higher eleva-
tion than the corridors and with pediments over. Glazing bars intact.
Listing NGR: SU8949310070
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings