This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0141 / 52°0'50"N
Longitude: 0.8163 / 0°48'58"E
OS Eastings: 593364
OS Northings: 238824
OS Grid: TL933388
Mapcode National: GBR RK5.P62
Mapcode Global: VHKFC.3MDT
Entry Name: Stables and Coach House to Former Assington Hall
Listing Date: 21 August 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1276815
English Heritage Legacy ID: 278667
Location: Assington, Babergh, Suffolk, CO10
Civil Parish: Assington
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Assington
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
The following shall be inserted
TL 93 NW 11/933 Stables and Coach House
to former Assington Hall
Assington Hall was burned down in 1957. The Stables and Coachhouse block is a late
C18 of early C19 building probably built by Philip Gordon (d.1817), whose family
had held the hall since the mid C16. A grey gault brick building with stone dress-
ings and slate roof. It comprises a central 2 storeyed block with single storeyed
wings and end pavillions. The central block has a stone open pediment with a stone
band at cornice level and a clock in the tympanum, 3 window range set in semi-
circular headed recessed arches (the upper storey has a central loft doorway).
The single storeyed side wings have doorways with stone cornices on console brackets.
The end pavilions have plain parapets and large coachhouse doors set in recessed
Listing NGR: TL9336438824
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings