This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8383 / 50°50'17"N
Longitude: -0.7215 / 0°43'17"W
OS Eastings: 490117
OS Northings: 105082
OS Grid: SU901050
Mapcode National: GBR DGV.BF1
Mapcode Global: FRA 96CW.JPZ
Entry Name: The Almshouses
Listing Date: 28 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1276918
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301027
Location: Oving, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Oving
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Oving St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
OVING CHURCH LANE
SU 90 NW (East side)
14/4 The Almshouses (No's 1 to 4)
Built in 1839. Architect John Elliott. Tudor Gothic style. One storey. Eight
windows. Faced with flints set in galletting. Eaves cornice. Slate roof.
Casement windows. The end window bays project with gables over containing tiny
trefoil headed attic windows. Long and short quoins and window surrounds of
Roman cement. Four large chimneys faced with Roman cement.
Listing NGR: SU9011705082
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings