This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4416 / 53°26'29"N
Longitude: -2.8917 / 2°53'30"W
OS Eastings: 340866
OS Northings: 394237
OS Grid: SJ408942
Mapcode National: GBR 7S8.F8
Mapcode Global: WH872.KR6H
Entry Name: Riding School to North of Stable Yard
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Last Amended: 19 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280274
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213960
Location: Liverpool, L12
Electoral Ward/Division: Croxteth
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Croxteth Park St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
Riding school to north of stable yard
(Formerly listed under Croxteth Hall Lane with other buildings on stable yard
at Croxteth Hall)
Riding school. Early C19, partly rebuilt. Brick with stone
dressings, slate roof. Square, one-storey structure with
loose-boxes along south side, opening to south. Central
yard with rounded angles and open sides to surrounding
passage. On north side is railed-off section of passage
with balcony behind, with fireplace; used by Lord Sefton
when inspecting horses, also referred to as the cock pit.
Small extension to east dated 1905, the battery house.
Currently being converted to restaurant facilities for
Croxteth Park, round windows inserted in north facade.
Listing NGR: SJ4086694237
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings